Emily Shunatona is our Social Media Manager. She is responsible for creating, executing and implementing social media plans and strategies for all of our clients. Emily works with the Public Relations team in promoting clients and their events through all social media outlets.
Emily Shunatona was born and raised in Tulsa, Oklahoma and graduated from Oklahoma State University with a double major in Broadcast Journalism and Sports Media. After graduation, Emily started as a Producer for FOX23’s morning show. After two years of television news, Emily was asked to assist in the creation of FOX23’s new lifestyle show, “Great Day Green Country”. She produced the show for two years and made many connections within the Tulsa community with businesses’, organizations and the media. Emily left television to expand her talents in the PR field with Diane White PR in October of 2013.
Emily is also very involved in the non-profit community. She was recently named on of Tulsa’s New Leaders of 2014 for Cystic Fibrosis Foundation of Tulsa. Emily serves on the Board of Directors for Health Outreach Prevention Education and is the chairman of their biggest fundraiser of the year, “DIVAS”. She also serves on event planning committees for “OASIS Adult Day Services”and “Up With Trees”. When she’s not volunteering, Emily is cheering on the Boston Red Sox and planning themed dinner parties for family and friends.
- My favorite place is Tulsa is definitely the Brady District! From yummy restaurants to LIVE music, it’s always hoppin’!
- I have a kitten named after my favorite actress, Doris Day!
- I try to watch at least one new movie a week.
- I don’t think you ever need an excuse to pop champagne.
- I’m in a club called “Gals Go Gourmet”, we get together once a month and cook a meal outside of our comfort zone.